24 February 2009

Before I Close My Eyes

My dreams have been occupying a fair amount of my thoughts as of late. Ironically, it seems like what goes on in my head while I'm sleeping has become the best part of my day. It's like my happy hour; the best things that happen to me happen in my dreams. Strangely, they're quite fulfilling. I read recently some quote about how you should always be dreaming big because then you'll have something to come true, or something along those lines. I'm not sure if my dreams will ever come true, and I'm even less sure of whether I would want them to. Perhaps preventing myself from desire's fulfillment is more gratifying? Am I really that sadistic or am I just so predictably self-aware that I revel in my own anticipation? I really have no idea. Although I do know my dreams have been some of the most fun I've had all week. 

No comments: